Hatton, SL- Harrington “B” Estate- Kotagala
Local Partner: World Vision (WV)
Sanitation Improvements for Poor Working Families:
Partner with WV to build 1,000 toilets to improve the living conditions and meet the basic sanitation needs. IMHO donated funds for construction of 40 toilets thus far.
Maskeliya, SL-16 of 54 Estates
Local Partner: Empowering for Development (E4D), a local NGO
IMHO’s financial commitment included assisting E4D recruit full time staff and a program manager to implement the following approved activities for long term development. Transportation assistance is also provided for more efficient implementation.
I.Caring Hand Project – Assist 60 Destitute Children for 24 months
II. Empowerment Projects:
- Saving Groups (164 households as of Feb.2017) to promote saving and future investment
- Reading Groups (194 children as of Feb. 2017) to improve reading skills
- Additional groups to be formed monthly as needed
- After school classes for school children up to A/L
- Future activities to include youth vocational training to promote self-reliance and early childhood care development training for preschool teachers